What Is 'I MOTIVATES'?

'I MOTIVATES' is my slogan...MOTIVATES (Motivating Others Through Innovative Ventures and Timely Educational Seminars) is my motivational speaking business. This blog grew from the work I do with groups to enlighten and inspire people to be their best. When we lift each other up, there is no limit to our success!

"I MOTIVATES"! DO YOU?!

Monday, April 11, 2011

Broaden Your Scope! Live a Big Picture Life!

“One day, after work on his cathedral had begun, Sir Christopher Wren unrecognized by the workforce, walked among the artisans and stonecutters. He asked one of the workmen:  “What are you doing?”
“I am cutting a piece of stone“, the workman replied.

He asked the same question of the second stonecutter. “I am earning five shillings two pence a day", the second workman replied.

He asked a third workman the same question and the man answered,
“I am helping Sir Christopher Wren build a magnificent cathedral to the glory of God.”
  
Zoom out to
your BIG PIC!
As you can see in the above story, the three workmen all had very different views about their work.  When it comes to life, some people focus on their single actions/events, some focus on their gains/losses and others focus on the end result of it all.  The third workman saw his work as more than his responsibilities for the day or how much he would make; he saw the big picture of what his work would result in.  If you were a part of this story, which worker would you be?  It’s time to stop looking at the small pixel in front of us and broaden our lens to capture the full mural that is our lives.  Today’s challenge is to find a larger frame and focus on YOUR big picture!

You got to visualize!
Your BIG PICTURE can be whatever you want it to be.  If you don’t know where to start, first pinpoint your goals, dreams and aspirations.  Once you do that, start a process I like to call visualization.  Visualize yourself where you want to be and do not focus on the roadblocks that will get you there.  You can do anything with a little belief in yourself.  The most successful people in this world may not have known the exact location or magnitude of their success, but they did see what could be as opposed to what is now.  This is a trait many leaders have and we all have it in us to be leaders; even if it is only over our lives!  Although it can be difficult, I can promise you it is well worth it! 

Focus on your long
term goals!
When you stop focusing on the small pictures, it can become much easier to see yourself in a better state whether emotionally, spiritually, mentally, physically or financially.  That old saying about not being able to see the forest for the trees can affect the level of joy we have in this life.  If you are constantly finding yourself stressing about individual hurdles, a handful of negative people or a particular portion of your life, it may be time to take a step back and capture what it all means.  There are no mistakes and we have to be aware that every situation; whether good or bad, plays a pivotal role in our development (or lack thereof J)!  So I will leave you with an Ebonism that I keep in my mind whenever I find myself stuck on a single frame in life…       
“Release a narrow mind.  Life is much broader than a single frame…keep your focus on the big picture”
~Eboni N. Faulkner

Until next time my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment