What Is 'I MOTIVATES'?

'I MOTIVATES' is my slogan...MOTIVATES (Motivating Others Through Innovative Ventures and Timely Educational Seminars) is my motivational speaking business. This blog grew from the work I do with groups to enlighten and inspire people to be their best. When we lift each other up, there is no limit to our success!

"I MOTIVATES"! DO YOU?!

Friday, April 29, 2011

Step Away From the Complaint Counter!

“Some people seem to go through life standing at the complaint counter.”
~Fred Propp Jr.

Who do you know that is stuck at the complaint counter?!  If you are coming up blank, it may be you!  Of all the things in the world that do not contribute to greatness or success, complaining is definitely in the top ten.  It has the power to kill dreams, solidify fears and damage hope for anything more than what we currently are.  There is nothing wrong with being able to recognize when something is wrong.  However, there is a ton of detriment in dwelling on it instead of doing something about it.  In the past, I have discussed attitude and its importance in this life.  Today I wanted to touch on the unnecessary art of complaining!

Life has been—and will always be—about ups and downs.  When we find ourselves down, it can be easy to find fault and problems with everything.  Using your voice to complain can do more than get on everybody’s nerves.  It can leave you drained, aggravated, sad, broken…all the bad emotions.  As you know, I am a huge fan of focus!  When you find yourself prepping for the worst in your conversations, take a second and say something positive about whatever is going on.  If you cannot, remember that silence is golden.  It can help you filter things out in your head before burdening someone with your drama.  Which leads me to my next thought…      

Blah, blah, blah!  Womp, womp, womp!  This is exactly what I hear when someone around me is complaining.  Recently, I found myself behind the complaint counter for someone in my life.  Venting is one thing, but the negativity of complaining grows and thrives.  Complainers are like Gremlins after midnight; the more attention you feed them, the angrier they get!  All of this can result in an extreme waste of energy for both parties.  The next time someone comes to you with incessant complaints, gently remove yourself from their presence.  Do not allow their adverse attitude to drag you down.  


We can all find ourselves in a moment where complaining seems like the best and only option.  When you look up and find yourself at the complaint counter, stop and reflect.  Before you fix your mouth to spew out negative banter, remember these things:  EVERYTHING in life is temporary.  If you give it time, the content of your complaints will dissipate.  Know that there are no mistakes in life and regardless of your circumstance, things could always be worse.  Spend your time talking about and dedicating yourself to fruitful and positive endeavors.  Oh yeah, one more thing…
"If you have time to whine and complain about something then you have the time to do something about it."
~Anthony J. D'Angelo
Until next time my loves!

No comments:

Post a Comment